Crescent Home Healthcare provides a range of vital services including Fall Prevention, Diabetes, and Heart Failure Management. We actively work to reduce hospitalization risks, deliver effective post-operative care, and offer specialized Pulmonary Care. Our mission is to ensure your health and well-being are expertly managed right at home.
According to published work each year, millions of older people—those 65 and older—fall. In fact, 25 % of older people falls each year, but less than half tell their doctor. Crescent Home Healthcare, Inc. Fall Prevention Program follows best practices by incorporating the STEADI ( Stopping Elderly Accidents, Death & Injuries) tools developed by the CDC to reduce the risk of fall. This is done in a team effort across multiple disciplines.
- We start with identifying your needs and building a plan that meets each, specific need. The result is a customized, clinical program that works because it’s built around you.
- Therapists use evidence-based interventions to help improve muscle strength and mobility.
- Educate patient and/or caregiver to help you improve your mobility and promote safety.
- Registered Nurse reviews and reconciliation of medication to help reduce side effects that impact your balance.
- We work closely to reduce both the risk and the fear of fall.
According to the American Diabetes Association, Diabetes remains the 7th leading cause of death in the United States in 2015. At Crescent Home Healthcare, we understand the importance of and the challenges of coping with this disease.
- Our main goal is to achieve a blood sugar range that is within normal limits for you.
- Educate patient and/or caregiver to demonstrate competent self-care skill management for diabetic care, medication, insulin adherence and use.
- Patient and/or caregiver will demonstrate competent self-care skill management for injection administration.
Heart Failure Management
Our prime goal is to maintain optimal cardiac health through our state-of-the-art Heart Failure Program. This program is designed to help those who are trying to live with Heart failure, Cardiomyopathy, Hypertension, Angioplasty and/or stent placement, Acute myocardial infarction (MI or AMI), Ischemic heart disease, Atrial fib, CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft)
- Help prevent hospital visits.
- Reduce shortness of breath.
- Improves quality of life through a holistic approach including RN, PT and RD.
- Provides education on your condition and medications so you and your family can be active participants in your care.
- Provides coordination between healthcare providers and community services.
Reducing Risks For Hospitalization
Our primary goal is to ensure that once discharged, patients do not go back to the hospital for reasons that can be avoided by following strict protocols established by Crescent Home Healthcare, Inc. We track both 30 day and 60 day readmissions very closely and analyze data to search for trends and patterns. All physicians involved with patient care are updated and involved in the patient care.
Post-Operative And Post-Hospitalization Care
The primary goal for this program is to seamlessly transition patients from hospital to the comfort of their home. In the familiarity of your own home a team of nurses and therapists and Social worker work closely with the discharge planners, nurses, doctors at the hospital and the primary care doctor to ensure return to independence, safety, excellent healing, pain management and rehabilitation goals.
Within 24 hours of returning home, you can expect a call and a visit from us. Depending on the type of procedure and your surgeon’s preferences, you may receive visits from skilled nurses, a physical therapist and/or an occupational therapist. If you need assistance with personal care such as bathing, a home health aide can also be provided. In addition, we try to accommodate any other need that you may have.
Our home health care may be right for you if you are experiencing:
- Acute/chronic bronchitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Upper respiratory infections
- Lung cancer
- Oxygen deficiency
Our expert care team is specially trained in pulmonary care, offering the skilled nursing and therapy you need in the comfort of your own home. We help you manage your symptoms by:
- Teaching correct and appropriate inhaler use.
- Instructing on breathing techniques.
- Monitoring for appropriate oxygen levels.
- Helping to reduce anxiety through education and practice.
- Training on energy conservation techniques to improve in-home mobility.
- Addressing nutritional needs.